In this article, I will show you how to get an image on a TFT screen with Arduino!
Read the tutorial below or watch the youtube video.
- 5V (LCD)
- 5V Arduino MISO (LCD)
- Pin 12 Arduino SCK (LCD)
- Pin 13 Arduino MOSI (LCD)
- Pin 11 Arduino LCD CS (LCD)
- Pin 10 Arduino SD CS (LCD)
- Pin 4 Arduino D/C (LCD)
- Pin 9 Arduino RESET (LCD)
- Pin 8 Arduino BL (LCD)
- 5V Arduino GND (LCD)
- GND Arduino
Keep the following in mind:
- The image must be a .bmp file
- Don't make the image larger as 160 x 128 pixels
- Make sure the image has arduino.bmp as filename and must be placed in the root domain of your SD card!
- The Arduino & TFT screen has to be voltage-free when assembling the SD card.
Copy the Arduino code below & upload it to your Arduino.
Open the serial monitor in your Arduino program. Your .bmp image is now displayed on the TFT screen. Or watch the video for the result.