- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements: To win a free Ultra96:
- You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- Your original idea must be submitted via the idea form.
- Ideas should be submitted in the English language.
- Your idea must include use of the Ultra96.
To win one of the Grand Prizes:
- Your project must be created using an Ultra96 development board.
- Your project must be relevant to the theme of the contest.
- Your final project must be fully documented on Hackster with the project template.
- Your final project must be submitted using the project template.
- Your final project documentation must include the following:
a) Images and/or videos
f) CAD (if relevant to the project)
- your entry must be your own original work; and
- your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
- Participant must submit a project idea using the application form on the Idea Submissions tab.
- Participant must truthfully and honestly answer all questions on the form in order to be eligible.
- Is the project idea clearly articulated?
- Does the project idea demonstrate the application of artificial intelligence?
- Is the idea both creative and has potential for technical depth (not too simplistic)?
- Can the full project feasibly be completed by Xilinx Developer Forum 2018?
- Will the Programmable Logic inside the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC be used?
Project submissions will be judged based on:
- How detailed and well documented is the project?
- Does the project have technical depth or is it too simplistic?
- Is the concept creative?
- How is intelligence applied?
- Does the project leverage programmable logic? And how is it leveraged?
Project submissions should include:
- Detailed description of your project. What is it, what does it do, how does it work? Quality images and/or videos
- Story with clear instructions
- BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Source code and schematics
Projects submitted to this contest will also be featured on the 96Boards.org community project gallery.
- Google Pixelbook (i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB)
- Google Pixelbook (i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB)
- Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Trip to the 2018 Xilinx Developer Forum on Oct 1-2 (includes airfare and hotel)
How to apply for a free Ultra96:
- Submit your idea by [hardware_submission_deadline]
- If you are not already a member, you will need to create a free Hackster.io account.
- Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant" on the main contest page.
- Submit your idea by clicking "Apply to receive an Ultra96” and fill in the form, including answers to the following questions:
1. If you had to describe programmable logic devices to a 5th grader, how would you explain it?
2. How do you think AI will change the world, for better or worse?
- Teams of up to 3 people are allowed.
- Participant agrees to pay local tax at customs if applicable in order to receive the free Ultra96
- Please wait a few days while we review and judge your idea submission.
How to submit your project to be eligible to win one of the grand prizes:
*You can submit a project even if you didn't win a free Ultra96
- Build and submit your project by [project_submission_deadline]
- Build your project using the Ultra96
- Add a new project by clicking the + symbol at the top right side of the screen and following the submission template.
- Share detailed instructions with images in the story section
- Share the bill of materials
- Share the electronics schematics
- Share the source code (optionally via Github or Bitbucket)
- Share the CAD files (if relevant)
Project submissions open:
July 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM PT
Deadline to apply for free devices:
August 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
Project submissions close:
December 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
Winners announced by:
December 14, 2018
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on December 17, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Challenge; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee;
- You are not an Xilinx, Hackster or Linaro employee
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.