Ideas are powerful - the IoT market is exploding; opportunities to develop a new product that can improve our lives are virtually limitless. However, taking your idea to a Proof of Concept (POC) to validate your solution can be expensive and time-consuming.
Not anymore! NXP's Rapid IoT is designed to radically reduce development time freeing you up to do what you do best- innovate. Use the kit and the software to develop IoT solutions in as easy as 1-2-3. NXP would like to see what type of IoT end node design you can create using the new Rapid IoT prototyping kit.
If you have any general or technical questions, please visit our NXP Rapid IoT Community page. Please follow the community by clicking on the " Follow" button on the upper right hand corner and post your question to our applications team.
NEW YEAR UPDATE!
Contestants can NOW get 20% OFF on MikroElektronika Docking station, Battery pack, Workstation or any Click boards™ in support of the Rapid IoT contest.
· Voucher code: RAPID-IOT-HACKSTER-2018
· Valid till the 28th Feb 2019
· Purchase direct from MikroElektronika
Rapid IoT is about more than hardware. It's designed to be a flexible IoT node solution backed up by robust software including a web-based IDE with GUI based programming which enables anyone to easily and quickly take their idea to a POC.
You will have access to multiple sensors, NFC, capacitive touch and security. Easy wireless connectivity over BLE and Thread plus the ability to quickly create Mobile and Cloud apps give you a head-start on creating your solution.
Need the tools to get started? We’re giving away 200 Rapid IoT Prototyping kits for you to build your ideas. Click on the Apply for Hardware tab and send us your project pitch.
The Rapid IoT Kit requires the use of NXP's new Rapid IoT Studio. This online IDE is a streamlined way to create, deploy and run end to end IoT solutions.
The top four project submissions using the new Rapid IoT Kit will be awarded some nifty prizes, including a top-of-the-line Fitbit Ionic!
Most Practical Real World Application
Smart Home/Smart Building
Below is a list of our awesome judges! To find out what they're looking for, take a look at the contest Judging Criteria.
Jay Canteenwala - Jay is Product Marketing Manager in NXP’s Global Sales and Marketing group focused on Mass Market Enablement. His most recent project is driving the GTM for Rapid IoT. Jay has over fifteen years of Product/ Regional and Channel Marketing experience including award winning Industrial IoT platforms.
Eric Maurice - Eric is Development Group Manager in NXP’s Solutions product development. His most recent project is driving the development for the Rapid IoT prototyping kit. Eric has worked at diverse business lines within NXP covering a wide range of products, ranging from Analog RF (TV Tuner development) to NFC integration.
Iain Galloway - Iain is Sr. Engineer within the Systems Innovation team, R&D, and Drone Program lead. He has over 25 years of industry experience. Iain is a supporter of the creativity and innovation that startups and hackers bring. He founded the NXP Drone and Rover program as a “startup” within the company and is the technical strategic lead, coordinating across all NXP Business units.
The NXP team and other participants are accessible for help and questions on the contest discussion tab
Please visit our NXP Rapid IoT Community page. Please follow the community by clicking on the " Follow" button on the upper right hand corner of the community page and post your question to our applications team.
Click here to visit now.
Watch the webinar here:
For more assistance in getting started, check out some of the videos below:
- Hardware & Software Documentation
- Getting Started Technical Videos
- Check out what the community is building with NXP already
Check out some of these sample application ideas:
- Smart Home and Industrial IoT: Asset optimization- monitoring and tracking movements, free-fall, Intrusion detection. Use Synthetic sensing and anomaly detection to monitor out-of bound activity
- Autonomous Robotics and drones: Use NFC and secure authentication for access, environmental monitoring
- Check out ready to use application examples on Rapid IoT Studio under "Examples" and the Smart Agricultural Application on Rapid IoT Community (Sign-up needed).
Gain reputation points!
Earn reputation points for participating in this contest:
- Submit an application to receive a free device: 5 points
- Your submitted hardware application wins: 50 points
- Submit a project entry: 10 points
- Submit a project entry 30 days before the deadline: 50 points
- Be among the first 10 to submit a project entry: 50 points
- Your submitted project entry wins the contest: 250 points
October 17, 2018 at 8:00AM PT
Applications for hardware close
December 10, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
Hardware recipients announced
December 14, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
February 28, 2019 at 11:59PM PT
Winners announced by
March, 15 2019