- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:1. General Requirements
- You must be registered as a participant for this contest
- Your entry must be your own original work
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest
- Your team is no more than 5 members per entry
Note: If you choose to submit an idea for the chance at free hardware, you must meet the following requirements, otherwise jump to #3 below.
- Your idea must be submitted via the idea form found in the contest brief
- Your idea must be written in English
- Your idea must use the Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit
- Your idea must solve a problem related to IoT
- Your project must be created using the Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit
- Your project must be related to IoT
- Your project must solve a problem related to IoT
- Your project must include a project name, elevator pitch (short project description), cover image, bill of materials (BOM), full instructions, images, and relevant resource files (schematics, code, CAD)
- Your project must be written in English
Your project is judged out of a maximum of 100 points
- Project Documentation (45 points)
Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or a video demonstration of your solution working as intended. Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?”
- Integration of NXP Solutions (15 points)
Detail the hardware components and any apps you used
- Schematics (10 points)
Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, and/or take detailed photographs
- Code & Contribution (15 points)
Include working code with helpful comments
- Creativity (15 points)
Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea)
- YEVO 1 Headphones - Onyx Black using NXP's Wireless Audio (10 are available)
- Fitbit Ionic using NXP's NFC & Mobile Payment Technology (5 are available)
- MI Air Purifier 2 using NXP's MIFARE and NFC Reader Technology (10 are available)
- Belkin Boost Up using NXP's Wireless Charging Technology (20 are available)
Step 1: Register for the contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as participant”
Step 2: Build and document your project
- Build your project using Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit according to the submission requirements
- Document your project build on Hackster by clicking “create new project” or submit a previously created project by clicking “add existing project”.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission requirements
- Submit your project by February 28th by clicking “review and submit project”
October 17, 2018 at 8:00 AM PT
Applications for hardware close:
December 10, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
Hardware recipients announced:
December 14, 2018
February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT
March 15, 2019
free devices winners will be announced by December 14, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the Ideas tab.
Contest winners will be announced on March 15, 2019. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age
If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you must receive a legal guardian's permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge. Send the completed contest permission form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Challenge
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.