- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
- How do I submit the source code?
- I have already submitted my project, but have subsequently made changes. Can I resubmit?
- In addition to OpenCV, can I use other software at the same time?
- Is it mandatory to submit the code?
- Which format which I use for the deliverables as a part of my project submission?
- Which language should I use for email and report?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
- You must be registered as a participant for this contest.
- Your entry must be your own original work.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Hackster contest.
- Your team is no more than 4 members per entry.*
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team. (See full rules below for details)
Project Deliverables Requirements
The final submission must consist of
- Technical report
- Working code
- Short Video
- Your project submission deliverables must be in English OR Chinese language only.
- Your project must be submitted by 30th November 2023.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below.
- Technical report and working code (Weightage: 80%)
Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or a demonstration of your solution working as intended. Include working code with helpful comments. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?”
- Short Video (Weightage: 20%)
Short video of upto 5 mins to explain the algorithm and showing a project demo.
- 1st Place: Grand Prize Winner Sponsored by KHADAS ($7,472 value)
- 2nd Place: 1st Runner-up ($5,472 value)
- 3rd Place: 2nd Runner-up ($4,472 value)
- Finalist ($1,699 value) (7 are available)
- Community's Pick (1st Place) Sponsored by Seeed Studio ($1,199 value)
- Community's Pick (2nd Place) Sponsored by Seeed Studio ($999 value)
- Community's Pick (3rd Place) Sponsored by Seeed Studio ($899 value)
- Community's Pick (Finalist) Sponsored by Seeed Studio ($799 value) (20 are available)
Step 1: Register for the Contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member).
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”.
Step 2: Build and Document Your Project
- Build your project according to the submission requirements.
- Document your project build using Hackster’s project template. To create a new project, click “create new project” on the contest page or the “+” symbol in the top right corner of your Hackster page.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission requirements.
- Upload a previously created project by clicking “add existing project” on the contest page.
- Submit your project by 30th November 2023 by clicking “review and submit project” on the contest page.
July 10, 2023 at 6:00 AM PT
November 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
December 21, 2023
Contest winners will be announced on December 21, 2023. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age
If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive a legal guardian's permission and have them complete Hackster’s contest permission form prior to submitting an entry into this contest. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not a resident of Russian Federation, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest.
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
Please include the link to your code repository in the project report submission PDF document.
Yes. You can resubmit your project any time up to the submission deadline which is November 30th, 2023 at 11:59 PM/23:59 Hours UTC-8 (Pacific Time).
Yes, sure. Please feel free to use any other software along with OpenCV for your project.
Yes, submission of your project code is mandatory. Your project code has to be open sourced if you are to participate in the competition.
Submission of project deliverables in the form of a compressed zip file is preferred. The file must include the project report in PDF format and a video demo.
You can submit your project deliverables in English or Chinese languages.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.