- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
Submitted projects will be graded on the following criteria:
- Story/Instructions: show how you created your project, including photos, videos, screenshots, and/or videos
- BOM (bill of materials): detailed hardware components as well as apps you used
- Code: Include working code with resourceful comments
- Hardware hack kit (includes a 3D printer, oscilloscope, and more!), secret package from Wilderness Labs CEO/Co-Founder, and early access to prototype board
- Secret package from Wilderness Labs CEO/Co-Founder, Bryan Costanich, and early access to prototype board (10 are available)
2. Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant" button on the top right column on the contest brief page.
3. Design, build, and submit your project by August 17, 2018 by clicking the "Add my project" button.
When submitting your project, make sure to include quality images, document detailed story/instructions, BOM, code, schematics.
June 13, 2018 at 12:00 AM PT
Applications for hardware close:
July 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
August 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
August 30, 2018
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on August 30, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You’re eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are of eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the legal age of majority in your place of residence or
- You are under eighteen (18) years of age or are considered a minor in your place of residence, but have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge and
- Are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate. We’re sorry about that. We think that humans everywhere are capable of fantastic, wonderful things that can move humanity forward, but we have no choice in this matter.
- Directors, officers, employees, interns, and contractors (“Personnel”) of Sponsor, Hackster, Inc. (“Hackster”), and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Challenge Entities”), are ineligible to participate in this Challenge.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.