- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
- You must create a Hackster account.
- You must be registered as a participant for this Contest.
- You must join Seeed Discord Community: https://discord.gg/CSk7vvPs
- You must follow Seeed Studio's LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seeedstudio
- Your entry must be your own original work.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Hackster contests in the past.
- Your team is no more than 5 members per entry (in case it's a team entry).*
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team (in case it's a team entry).
Hardware Application Requirements
Note: If you choose to submit an application for free hardware, you must meet the following requirements.
- Your hardware application must be submitted via the online application form found on the Contest page's “Apply for hardware” tab.
- Your hardware application must be written in English.
- Your entry must use hardware in case you are selected to get the hardware.
- Your hardware application must be submitted by Aug 8, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
Project Documentation Requirements
- Your project must include a project name, short project description, cover image, bill of materials (BOM), full instructions, images, videos, and relevant resource files (schematics, code, CAD), etc.
- Your project must be written in English.
- Your project must be submitted by Sep 27, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below.
- Sustainability, Scalability, Creativity (20 Points)
Your project should be a sustainable, scalable, and creative solution. In the Introduction part of 'Project Documentation', express why you're making this solutions for what purpose, and how you wish/plan to contribute to the Sustainable Planet. Latest research findings on specific challenge topics are welcomed.
- Project Documentation (20 Points)
Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or a video demonstration of your solution working as intended. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it, just by reading the product documentation?”
- Complete BOM (20 Points)
List all the hardware, software and/or tools used.
- Schematics (20 Points)
Draw your circuit diagrams using software like Fritzing.org and/or take detailed photographs.
- Code & Contribution (20 Points)
Include working code with helpful comments.
- Bonus Points (1 - 10 Points)
In case you’re using Seeed products for your project, or if you've already testified your project on the field, there will be some bonus points.
- Project Scale-up Pack ($10,000 value)
- 👉 US$ 500 Seeed Coupon for any Seeed "IoT Into the Wild" products (5 are available)
- 👉 US$ 200 Seeed Coupon for any Seeed "IoT Into the Wild" products (10 are available)
- 👉 Financial Support of USD $2,500 for Visiting Helium’s On-Site Event and Becoming a Speaker at the Event to Present Your Project On-Stage
- 👉 Helium Data Credits (Value of USD $50 for Each Person) (10 are available)
Step 1: Register for the Contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member).
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”.
Step 2: Build and Document Your Project
- Build your project according to the submission requirements.
- Document your project build using Hackster’s project template. To create a new project, click “create new project” on the contest page or the “+” symbol in the top right corner of your Hackster page.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission requirements.
- Upload a previously created project by clicking “add existing project” on the contest page.
- Submit your project by September 27, 2022 (11:59P.M. PT) by clicking “Review and submit project” on the contest page.
June 8, 2022 at 7:00 PM PT
Applications for hardware close:
August 8, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT
Hardware recipients announced:
August 9, 2022
September 27, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT
October 10, 2022
Free devices winners will be announced by August 9, 2022. The list of winners will be visible on the Apply for hardware tab.
Contest winners will be announced on October 10, 2022. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age.
If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive your legal guardian's permission and have them complete Hackster’s contest permission form prior to submitting an entry for this Contest. For any inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria.
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Contest.
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.