The winner was awarded an A trip to Sigfox Headquarters in Toulouse, France + an RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station + a Seeed Studio Grove Kit + a trip to Maker Faire Rome (1st - 3rd December 2017) ($2,000 value)
The winner was awarded an An RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station + a Seeed Studio Grove Kit ($1,000 value)
3rd to 10th Place
The winner was awarded an A Seeed Studio Grove Kit ($50 value)
3rd to 10th PlaceDYFAM: Rescuing Those Who Should Not Be Left Behind
How will you help advance the Internet of Things using the new Arduino MKR FOX 1200? From our homes and cities to farms and factories, we're challenging you to create innovative projects that take advantage of Sigfox's global LPWA network, going beyond just remote weather stations and tweeting plants.
The Arduino MKR FOX 1200 is a powerful board that combines the functionality of the Arduino Zero (SAM D21 core) and Sigfox connectivity,* making it the perfect tool for hobbyists and developers looking to build low power, "set it and forget it" applications.
To kick things off, we'll be giving away 30 coupons for a free Arduino MKR FOX 1200 on our online store to the best ideas submitted by September 15th. Makers will have until November 15th to enter their projects via Arduino Create.
PLEASE NOTE: We will provide you a MKR FOX 1200 board and a two-year subscription to Sigfox services, so that your project can be fully connected and tested. However, first make sure that your country is covered by the Sigfox network. To do so, please check this map and see if you reside in an area colored in cyan ("Live Coverage") before submitting your ideas. Ideas submitted by users living in areas not covered by the Sigfox network will not be chosen.
We’ll be selecting the top 3 projects based on originality, quality, creativity and social impact. The winning entries will be awarded with:
- 1st Place: A trip to Sigfox Headquarters in Toulouse, France + an RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station+ a Seeed Studio Grove Kit + a trip to Maker Faire Rome (1st - 3rd December 2017)
- 2nd Place: An RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station + a Seeed Studio Grove Kit
- 3rd-10th Place: A Seeed Studio Grove Kit
And remember, projects must use an Arduino MKR FOX 1200 in order to be eligible to win!
Ready to get started?
1. Create a free account on Arduino.cc (or log in if already a member).
2. Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant.”
4. Design, build and submit your Arduino MKR FOX 1200 project on this page by November 15th, 2017.
Submissions should include:
- A detailed description: What are you building? What does it do? How does it work?
- Story and quality images
- Video demonstrations, if applicable
- Clear instructions
- BOM and schematics
- Source code, preferably written on the Arduino Web Editor
- CAD files, if applicable
- Winners will be announced on this page on November 25th, 2017.
3rd to 10th Place
July 27, 2017 at 9:00AM PT
Applications for hardware close
September 15, 2017 at 11:59PM PT
November 15, 2017 at 10:00AM PT
Winners announced by
November 25, 2017