UPDATE: Seeed Studio is short on Grove Kit inventory. Grove kit units will ship in late December. As such, we extended the contest 30 days and upped the number of hardware winners from 150 to 162. Have fun and use the discuss tab to ask questions and engage.
The Brains Behind Your Next Invention
For years, the trusty Arduino (in all of its many variations) has been the go-to board for almost any problem that you could come up with. They’re simple, they’re reliable, and they offer a fast and fun way to build solutions to seemingly complex projects.
With the latest addition to the Arduino family, the Arduino 101, the trusty Arduino you’ve grown to love is now even more powerful! The Arduino 101 is a learning and development board that combines the performance and low-power consumption of the Intel® Curie™ Module with the simplicity of Arduino.
Interested? We're giving away 150 Arduino 101 & Seeed Studio Grove Starter Kits to the best ideas submitted by Nov 20, 2016 !
The 101 keeps the same robust form factor and peripheral list of the UNO, with the addition of onboard Bluetooth LE capabilities and a 6-axis accelerometer/gyro to help you easily expand your creativity into the connected world. Additionally, instead of using the 16MHz 8-bit AVR microcontroller from past Arduino boards, the Arduino 101 is designed with two tiny 32MHz cores: an x86 (Curie™, a Quark™ module) and a 32-bit ARC architecture core. Even with this added power, the Arduino 101 is still easily programmable, using sketches from the Arduino IDE. Check out this awesome BLE Bot using Arduino 101!
We want to see you unleash this power on the world! Discover your inner inventor and get started with the Arduino 101!
Ready to Get Started?
We're giving away 150 Arduino 101 & Seeed Studio Grove Starter Kits to the best ideas submitted by Nov 20, 2016 !
So pitch us your ideas! Maybe you want to build an autonomous boat for collecting ocean pollution data, a pair of shoes that play different sounds for different exercises, or a wireless gesture-based home automation controller? Whichever category you choose, we want to hear about your amazing project!
Build a Project with the Arduino 101:
We’re giving away a Microsoft Surface Pro 4s to the best innovation in each category:
- Smart home
Build and submit a project by Mar 26, 2017 for a chance to win one of the grand prizes!
We can’t wait to see what everyone builds!
Ready to get started?
Step 1: Register for the contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant"
- Register for the webinars
- Get inspired by this example project
Step 2: Apply to win one of 150 Arduino 101 boards & Seeed Studio Grove Kits by pitching an idea
- Submit your project idea by Nov 20, 2016 at 11:55 PM PT
- Click "Apply to receive Arduino 101 Board" and fill in the template. Tell us what you want to create using the Arduino 101 board
- We will select the top 150 winners based the originality, quality, and creativity of your idea
Step 3: Enter to win the grand prizes by building and submitting your project
- Build your project using the Arduino 101
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why does it matter?
- Submit your project in one of the relevant categories (smart home, environment, healthcare)
- Submit your project by Mar 26, 2017 at 11:55 PM PT
Your posted project should include:
- Story and quality images;
- Clear instructions;
- BOM and schematics;
- Source code;
- CAD files if relevant
- All project submissions must use the Arduino 101 board
- All projects should be submitted to a relevant category (smart home, environment, healthcare)
Winners will be announced on this page on Apr 10, 2017 . Good luck!
You may find the following resources helpful:
Best Project - Smart Home
Best Project - Environment
Best Project - Healthcare
October 18, 2016 at 12:00PM PT
Applications for hardware close
November 20, 2016 at 11:55PM PT
March 26, 2017 at 11:55PM PT
Winners announced by
April, 10 2017