- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
- You must be registered as a participant for this contest.
- You must create a Edge Impulse and/or IoTConnect accounts.
- Your entry must be your own original work.
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team. (See full rules below for details)
Software Build Requirements
- This contest is calling for the creation of Machine Learning models, using Edge Impulse Studio.
- This contest is calling for the creation of telemetry dashboards models, using the Avnet IoTConnect platform.
- No specific hardware is required or needed.
Project Documentation Requirements
- Your project must include a project name, short project description, cover image, bill of materials (BOM) if any, full instructions, images, and relevant resource files (schematics, code, CAD) if any.
- Your project must be written in English.
- Your project must be submitted by Oct 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below.
- Project Documentation (30 points)
Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, the hardware and/or software used, and/or a video demonstration of your solution working as intended. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?”
- Code & Contribution (40 points)
Include working code with helpful comments on your models and dashboards. Must submit a working ML model or Dashboard or both.
- Creativity (30 points)
Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea)
- Dashboards Prizes ($500 value) (5 are available)
- Machine Learning Prizes ($500 value) (5 are available)
Step 1: Register for the Contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member).
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”.
Step 2: Build and Document Your Project
- Build your project according to the submission
- Document your project build using Hackster’s project template. To create a new project, click “create new project” on the contest page or the “+” symbol in the top right corner of your Hackster page.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission
- Upload a previously created project by clicking “add existing project” on the contest page.
- Submit your project by Oct 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT by clicking “review and submit project” on the contest page.
August 11, 2020 at 5:00 AM PT
October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT
November 18, 2020
Contest winners will be announced on November 18, 2020. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age
If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive a legal guardian's permission and have them complete Hackster’s contest permission form prior to submitting an entry into this contest. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest.
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.