- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
- By clicking on the Official Rules check box on the entry page, Contestant signifies Contestant’s acceptance of these Official Rules in their entirety. Receipt of any prize offered in this Competition is dependent upon Contestant’s compliance in full with these Official Rules.
- Contestant agrees that Administrator’s decisions as to the determination of winners are final and binding.
- Co-organizers seek no promises or favoritism for itself or any of its related companies or affiliates in exchange for the opportunity to participate in the Competition. By entering the Competition, Contestant represents, warrants, and agrees that (i) Contestant’s participation in the Competition – including acceptance of any prize – will not violate any law, regulation, policy or rule in Contestant’s country, state, province, or local municipal location; and (ii) any potential prize is not in exchange for an agreement to influence a recent, pending or anticipated act or decision that may result in Co-organizers obtaining or retaining business or a business advantage.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, Contestant agrees that Co-organizers may cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition.
- Contestant agrees that Co-organizers may disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any Contestant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of the law, and Co-organizers reserves all rights to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such Contestant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Electronic Visa Gift Card (prize value in US dollars) ($500 value) (10 are available)
- Coral Dev Board ($107 value) (5 are available)
- Coral USB Accelerator ($74 value) (10 are available)
- Google AIY Voice Kit ($25 value) (20 are available)
Registration of an Individual – Visit https://www.hackster.io/contests/2020chinausyoungmakercompetition and provide the following information upon request to verify eligibility:
- Jurisdiction of residence;
- First and last name;
- A valid, functioning email address; and
- A telephone or mobile phone number.
Express consent – Contestant must expressly agree to
- The Official Rules;
- Contestant Statement
Use of Teams – Contestants may enter as a Team.
- A Team may have no more than five (5) Members, including the Team Leader. On a Team, the Team Leader is the contact and representative for the Team. All Members must
- meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3;
- be identified by the Team Leader at the time of Team Leader’s registration; and
- provide Profile Information pursuant to subsection 6(a) and express consent pursuant to subsection 6(b) to confirm Member status
- A Member’s failure to provide Profile Information and provide express consent in accordance with this subsection 6(c)(i)(c) is grounds for disqualification of that Member.
- Team Leader may substitute one or more Members on a Team till the last day of Project and Video Submission for US Regional Selection Contest.
- The Team Leader must notify Members that in order to participate in the Competition, they must visit https://www.hackster.io/contests/2020chinausyoungmakercompetition to provide their Profile Information and confirm their express consent to the items in subsection 6(b) by the last day of the Project and Video Submission phase, or the Members will be disqualified and their data deleted.
- Members must be specified and listed by Team Leader at Team Leader’s registration, otherwise the Members are not eligible for Final Competition.
Contestant should choose US Regional Competition or China Regional Competition based on Contestant (for Individual) or Team Leader (For Team)'s location.
- Contestant can only participate in one project.
May 28, 2020 at 9:00 AM PT
July 12, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT
July 24, 2020
Contest winners will be announced on July 24, 2020. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
The Competition is open to Individuals who meet all of the following requirements:
- Residency – Individuals must have legal residence in The United States of America (including only the 50 States and D.C.).
- Age – Individuals must be between the ages of 18 and 40 years old in his or her jurisdiction of residence.
- Individuals must NOT be (i) an employee of Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, Tsinghua University, Beijing Gehua Cultural Development Group, Hackster, Google Information Technology (China) Company Limited, China University Science and Technology Park Alliance, or any corporate parent or subsidiary company of any of the foregoing corporate entities; (ii) a member of the Immediate Family of an employee of any of the foregoing corporate entities in this subsection.
- Any submission for which the Prototype or Product have been commercialized (i.e., the Prototype or Product has completed the phase of concept planning and framework designing, and entered into the phase of precise development on the basis of marketable operation) or has received any investable funding in the form of grants, prizes, debts, or equity funding, including but not limited to funding from venture capitalists, angel investors, or private funding sources, is excluded from participating in this Competition.
Employer Permission/Acknowledgement – Individuals must be able to participate in the Competition without violation of any third-party rights or obligations, including without limitation an employer’s policies or procedures. To the extent an Individual’s participation is within the scope of his or her employment as an employee, contractor, or agent, the Individual must have notified his or her employer or principal for whom that Individual is working at the time of entry of participation in the Competition, including without limitation the potential receipt of a prize. For the avoidance of doubt, Individuals who are students, instructors, or professors at a university, or otherwise employed by a university must meet the requirements of this subsection.
Language – Individuals must fluently speak, read, write, and understand English.You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.