Siftone is a sifteo communication system to send sound messages to a phone (or a computer).
A proof of concept video is given beside, here is the scenario:
- 3 cubes are connected in a certain order (ABC)
- This order is transmitted it to a smartphone via DTMF
- The phone displays the received message
- These steps are reproduced with another order (CAB)
Here are the steps to use it:
- download the Sifteo SDK: developers.sifteo.com
- move this repo in the example folder and
- start the sifteo cubes and execute:
make run # to run the app in the simulator, or...
make install # to install it in the sifteo base.
- To try it with a smartphone, here are 2 apps that work:
- android: DTMF Tone Extractor
- iPhone*: DTMF Reader
*Warning: the iPhone app doesn't work with the default speed, you need a digit period at least twice a long. To change it, look for the variable called "durationSec" here:
Made in SF - 2013Demo