I am always in toubles during week-ends, or even during week days. Why? Because I never know what to do in my city. I do not know what events are planned, and usually I am too superficial to be active to search for any event. For this reason I decided to develop Event Master.
Event Master is an Alexa Custom skill that searchs events in the city you specify. You can specify only the city, and Event Master will retrieve the most popular events for today. In case you need, otherwise, you can specify the city and a date or a period of time, like search the events in London for the next month.
The skill structure is composed by:
- Alexa Custom skill defined on developer.amazon.com
- Lambda Function defined on aws.amazon.com
- Java WebApp hosted on https://www.openshift.com/
The interaction flow of the skill is the following:
- The user asks to Event Master to search for a event specifing the city. If wanted, the users can specify the also the date he is interested about. I.e. : what to do in London, search events in Paris on tomorrow.
- The backend service resolves the city coordinates, calls the Evenful APIs to get the events and parse the response with the information I want to give back. The response is given back to the Lambda function.
- The Lambda function parses the response and says the event information to the user, through the voice and with a card.
- Alexa asks the user if he is interested in detailed information about one specific event.
- If the users says 'No', the interaction ends.
- If the users says 'Yes', then he has to specify the event number. Alexa then will says the detailed information about the event, showing also a card to the user.
You can find the skill to the following link: https://www.amazon.com/FluiBex-Event-Master/dp/B01MQPH0ZM
The events are retrieved using the Eventful API (http://api.eventful.com/).
Project image has been provided by Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/).