Have you ever wanted to control a swarm of drones with your hand gestures!?
It's easy! By connecting your gesture band and drones to Octoblu's IoT platform, you can easily make them talk to each other. Here's what you will need:
1. Free Octoblu account
2. A few Parrot drones
3. Myo gesture control armband
Once you have all your things, it's time to connect them to the internet...Step 1: Connecting Devices to Octoblu
1. Download Gateblu
2. Open Gateblu and make sure you keep it running on your computer.
3. Log into your Octoblu account and navigate to the "Things" page.
4. Claim your Gateblu by finding Gateblu in the list of "Things".
5. Now you will need to add two devices: Myo and Parrot Minidrones.
6. To setup your Myo, you will first need to have Myo Connect running on your computer.
7. You can then go to "Things", click on Myo, and add it to your Gateblu.
Note, you will only need to connect one Parrot Minidrones thing to your Octoblu account, this plugin can control any number of drones
8. Now go to "Things", select Parrot Minidrones, and add it to your Gateblu.Step 2: Import the Flow
Click this bluprint to Import the following flow to your account.
Note how I used the equal nodes in the flow to route different gestures to different actions on the drones.Step 3: Enjoy your Swarm
Check out this guide by Moheeb Zara for more information on Parrot drones with Octoblu!
Explore the different commands that you can use with your Parrot drones:
As for the Myo, a few different gestures you could try are: "fingers_spread", "fist", "double_tap"(middle finger to thumb), "wave_in", "wave_out", "locked", and "unlocked".