This week I decided to make some pretty drastic design changes to my vehicle, To try to make it more stable. all of my approximations as to how much this was going to take me were off by a large margin, very quickly slight modifications transformed into a complete product overhaul.
none of my laser cuts worked as I hoped they would, and i had to resort to hot glue and my exact knife to get everything together.
this yielded a functioning albeit not so pretty vehicle.
I have to say that though i am in awe of the precision and convenience of the laser cutter. working with the exacto knife and the hot glue allowed me to make decisions on the fly, and allowed for a much more satisfying much more active involvement in the design process.
going forward I'm no doubt going to have to find a balance between the two modes of creation, in a way such that I can leverage their respective strengths.
For the bluetooth side of things I originally had some trouble getting the adafruit to connect with my phone because i had decided to try to test the functionality of the device before soldering it to the pin. I quickly realized that this was never going to work. I therefore went ahead and soldered everything after which everything worked as it should.
I managed to get my vehicle to work with the bluetooth controller, I however couldn't find a way to stop the vehicle. The controlled only registered the pressing of a button and not it's release. Which meant that the car always move in one direction, and was never stationary