Software apps and online services
Theme of my project is Industry 4.0 - IIOT.
Industry 4.0 is new trend in industry automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies. It is also called fourth industrial revolution.
In Industry 4.0 setup, industries connect their Machines, Meters, Sensors, SCADA and PLCs with internet through different technological setup. Thus, Industry 4.0 is truly successful IoT implementation.Why WIZnet?
Following are the main features of WIZnet, which can help connect industrial things to network.
- Using devices like WIZnet, industry does not need to invest more for existing setups.
- WIZnet allows to connect serial communication things to TCP/IP network. which will help people to connect them to Internet.
- It is easy to set up and configure WIZnet.
- One does not need to implement new protocols nor do they need to invent new protocols to connect to traditional devices.
1. Configure WIZnet. I have configured TCP/IP based on my router settings, and settings related to serial communication are based on energy meter used.
2. Connect industrial thing to WIZnet via serial cabel. Here, we don' need to connect through EVB but I have used it in my setup for power supply.
I am monitoring energy consumption of bulb (consider this as industrial thing) through energy meter using CT (current transformer) to showcase industry similar setup.
3. Both WIZnet and Orange Pi are connected to each other via router. Power supply to WIZ750SR is given by Orange Pi through USB and EVB. In actual implementation, we dont need EVB.
4. I have set up InfluxDB, Telegraf, and Grafana in Orange Pi to store and visualize data.