I created a garage door opener with the Particle Photon with the Hackster project:
Now, I want to connect my Alexa to it. So I've created an Alexa voice skills command that will open or close my garage for me.
Here is the IFTT Recipe for connecting Alexa to your Particle garage door opener:
This app is for after you've finished the Particle Photon project above. If you have,
Here's the steps:
1) Sign up for an account on IFTTT.com
2) Select Create a Recipe
3) Click 'this'
4) Type in Alexa for the trigger channel and select the Amazon Alexa channel
5) Type in open the garage door or the phrase of your choice
6) Click that to make the command
7) Type in particle for the action channel and select the Particle channel
8) Choose 'Call a function'
9) Select the call function that corresponds to your Particle project. In this situation, select 'toggleRelay on 'your photon name'
And then select input '1'
10) Here is the overview of the recipe:
Now, the recipe is complete. Go ahead and test it with your Alexa!
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!