1 / 4 • Relay module from Banggood
Preheating an aircraft engine when the temperature is below 50 degrees F is essential for extended engine life. To that end, my aircraft has a heater attached to the oil pan. Leaving the heater on all time is not recommended. Thermostatic control is possible, but results in wasted energy, and unnecessary heat cycles. The ability to remotely activate the heater with a cellphone is the ideal solution. Using the cellphone and the keypad only, no cellular app is required. Simple text messaging works well.
- The device can be commanded to turn on the AC outlet ( the engine heater is plugged into the extension cord outlet).
- There are several command/modes of operation.
- Mode 1: tell the device to turn on the AC outlet for x number of minutes.
- Mode 2: turn on the AC outlet for x number of minutes or until the ambient temperature is above the programmable high temperature set point.
- Mode 3: Turn on the AC outlet whenever the temperature is below the programmable high temperature set point.
- Mode 4: Return the current status of the device (AC on or off/Minutes remaining/local temperature/celular signal level)
- Mode 5: Set the high temperature limit
- Help : You can text "help" to the device and it will return the list of commands.
- As you may gather, the device and be used to remotely control any AC device. My application is just one application, which I currently use as described.