Now a days, maker people are hyped about connecting almost every project on the web. Many companies are coming with easy to use IoT development board stuffed with lots of Sensors, Web connectivity and a powerful MCU.
One good example is Hexiwear
If we look closely, IoT projects are divided into following categories -
- Remote Controlling ( Turning on/off or change settings over the internet )
- Remote Sensing ( Getting Event Update through some cloud service )
- Remote Data Logging ( Fetching data over web )
Rest of the part of any IoT project is just like any non-IoT project. Based on this idea and cheap availability of ESP8266 module, Arduino Uno bootloaded ATmega328P - I got inspired for a hardware solution which can support many IoT projects.
Here are some of the Project Ideas for which this device can be used :
- Online Temperature, Light level logger
- Control any Electrical Load from IoT Cloud Service
- Motion Detection for Security
- Online Alarm
- Social Networking RGB Mood Light
- IoT connected Multiplayer Online games
- Offline Clock, Alarm, Kitchen Timer, Load Timer
- Projects based on Temperature, Light, Time Input
- Project based on I2C sensors
- Hepatic Feedback Projects to Assist Disable Persons
- Offline Games with RGB Lighting effect, Audio, Vibration
- Projects based on Measure Distance, Water Level, Proximity
- Open ADC as DC Voltmeter, Oscilloscope on OLED Screen
To be continued...