Accessibility design is an area that I have always paid attention to. The senses of infants have not yet matured, while the physical functions of the elderly gradually degenerate with age. This is an unique and special life intersection.
- The elderly are a complex of impairments with varying degrees of decline in vision, hearing, movement and cognitive functions.
- Older adults suffered from Alzheimer's have difficulty in hearing, speaking, and comprehension, and therefore cannot accurately express their needs.
- In clinical practice, traditional diapers users are often not replaced in time, resulting in diseases such as bedsores, dermatitis, and urinary tract infections.
- Facing aging population increase, the related medical and nursing infrastructure resources are uneven, and nursing staff often takes care of multiple patients at the same time.
- Family members who are not around are hard to know the situation of the elderly, patients, infants and young children.
Io Diaper is a wearable smart device designed for senile degenerative diseases (Alzheimer's disease, etc.), bedridden patients who cannot take care of themselves, and infants and young children. It can detect the dryness of their diapers in real time and provide caregiver and caregivers to send notifications, meanwhile supporting the recording and tracking of background data, helping to prevent some health problems in advance.The plug-and-play Moisture Sensor recognizes the change in the moisture content of the diaper, and sends a signal to the Wio Terminal, and the built-in Wi-Fi module connects to the IoT platform (Ubidots is used in this project). When the moisture content reaches a certain value, the IoT platform triggers the event and informs the nursing staff to change in time in the form of SMS, mail and phone.
2. Select related sensor
3. Code and debug
4. IoT Platform connection (Ubidots)