This project was developed for the Humidity Lesson Plan for XinaBox's Space STEM Program.
I built this project using XinaBox ☒CHIPS and Arduino IDE. It is a 5 min project, that allows you to view data received from the ☒SW01 on the OLED screen of the ☒OD01. Using the ☒CHIPS assembly is easy. The Arduino IDE software makes creating the code for the project simple.
The lesson plan for this project can be found at this link.
- Go to Github.xinabox
- Download xCore ZIP
- Install it into Arduino IDE by going to "Sketch", "Include Library", then "Add.ZIP Library". As seen below.
- Download xSW01 ZIP
- Add the library the same way as you did for the xCore.
- Repeat for the xOD01 ZIP
- Connect the IP01 and CW01 using an ☒BUS Connector. Make sure the ☒CHIPS' names are orientated correctly.
- Insert into an available USB port.
- Download the zip file from the CODE heading and open with your Arduino IDE. Alternatively you could create your own code using the relevant principles to achieve the same objective.
- To ensure there are no errors compile the code.
- After successful compilation (no errors found) you may upload the code to your ☒CHIPS.
- Once the upload is successful, remove the IP01 from the USB port.
- Disconnect the CW01 from the IP01
- Connect the CW01 to the OD01 as seen below
- Next connect the SW01 to the IP01 as seen below.
- Now connect the two horizontal panels you created as seen below.
- Insert you new board into the USB port. Your OLED screen should look like the image below.
- Remove the board from the USB port once more.
- Insert IP01 into USB power, eg. powerbank
- Your board is now portable. Happy experimenting!