I started this project as a school project. Actually, I wanted to create something that would benefit the society. Therefore, I started examining what are the different problems that are exiting in the world that could be solved. Then, I found out that "Misuse of Electricity" and "Shortage of electricity" are some of the problems faced by the people of India. Therefore, I designed this system for the above mentioned purpose. I made it without any nxp rapid iot rapid prototyping kit but here I am using it.
BILL OF MATERIALS
The materials used in my project are given below along with their respective price (all price are in INR per piece);
- Breadboard - INR 60
- Two channel Relay Module - INR 80
- Four Channel Relay Module- INR 139
- ESP8266-01 WIFI MODULE - INR 150
- NXP RAPID IOT PROTOTYPING KIT - INR 4000
- PIR Motion Sensor - INR 80
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic distance sensor - INR 80
- Arduino Uno - INR 1500
- Servo 9g - INR 100
- Generic Jumper wire Male to Male - INR 5 (about 50-70 required)
- Generic Jumper wire Male to Female - INR 5 (about 50-70 required)
9v Power Adapter - INR 100
Therefore, The total Cost of my project is around INR 7000
1 / 12 • TWO CHANNEL RELAY
The working principle of this whole system is that:
1) Pir motion sensor will detect human presence
2) Relay module will control all the appliances but it will not be connected to sockets as there may be a need to turn it on when there are no people in a room
3) NXP rapid iot prototyping kit will take various sensors values and send it to Arduino Uno via various IOT cloud since this kit has sensor with high accuracy and again they will take less pins in Arduino
4) There will also a security system via PIR sensor which will make it a safe house
*The relay module will be installed between the appliances and switch so to run the appliances there will an automated switch (run by Arduino Uno) and a normal manual switch
** If there is a need to run any appliance without human presence it can be achieved for 2hrs via an app
***To run the fan ( or ac) there will be two conditions first the human presence and second the temperature should be high enough
****To run the light there will be two conditions first the human presence and second the light intensity should be high enough
# The rapid IOT kit will send the data to Google firebase via app and the data will be sent to adafruit io server via esp8266.
## There will also be a system of Google assistant to control the home via Google Assistant over voice.
STEPS FOR MAKING
STEP 1: MAKING THE PROTOTYPE OF HOUSE
You can use any kind of model for this purpose, but the condition is that you need to have a house made of any material without any roof . I am enclosing the pictures of my (made) house.
STEP 2: BUILDING THE CIRCUIT
The nxp rapid iot prototyping needs no wiring as it will send data via ESP8266-01 module and HC-05 Module will be used to send commands via app. The remaining hardwares can be connected as follows:
STEP 3: WRITING THE CODEs
There will be two parts of code: one for the Arduino uno and other for Rapid IOT Prototyping kit.
PART A: ARDUINO
The code for Arduino is as follows:
PART B: RAPID IOT PROTOTYPING KIT
The firmware of Rapid IOT Studio is given
STEP 4: MAKING APP
I used the Android studio to make the app
STEP 5: POSITIONING THE OBJECTS
STEP 6: TESTING
You may proceed for testing the prototype by following the video as under.