I started this project as a school project. Actually, I wanted to create something that would benefit the society. Therefore, I started examining what are the different problems that are exiting in the world that could be solved. Then, I found out that "Misuse of Electricity" and "Shortage of electricity" are some of the problems faced by the people of India. Therefore, I designed this system for the above mentioned purpose. I made it without any nxp rapid iot rapid prototyping kit and Smart Edge Agile but here I am using them.
BILL OF MATERIALS
The materials used in my project are given below along with their respective price (all price are in INR per piece);
- Breadboard - INR 60
- Four Channel Relay Module- INR 130
- NXP RAPID IOT PROTOTYPING KIT - INR 4000
- SMART EDGE AGILE - INR 7000
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic distance sensor - INR 80
- Arduino Uno - INR 1500
- Generic Jumper wire Male to Male - INR 5 (about 50-70 required)
- Generic Jumper wire Male to Female - INR 5 (about 50-70 required)
- 9v Power Adapter - INR 100
- HC - 05 BLUETOOTH MODULE - INR 250
Therefore, The total Cost of my project is around INR 13000
The working principle of this whole system is that:
1)The ultrasonic sensor will detect human presence
2) Relay module will control all the appliances but it will not be connected to sockets as there may be a need to turn it on when there are no people in a room
3) Smart Edge will take various sensors values display via Brainium server since this kit has sensor with high accuracy
*The relay module will be installed between the appliances and switch so to run the appliances there will an automated switch (run by Arduino Uno) and a normal manual switch
** If there is a need to run any appliance without human presence it can be achieved for 2 hrs via a customized app.
***To run the fan ( or ac) there will be two conditions first the human presence and second the temperature should be high enough(22 degree Celsius)
****To run the light there will be two conditions first the human presence and second the light intensity should be high enough (4.5 analog value)
You may refer to the video for more details.
STEPS FOR MAKING
STEP 1: MAKING THE PROTOTYPE OF HOUSE
You can use any kind of model for this purpose, but the condition is that you need to have a house made of any material without any roof . I am enclosing the pictures of my (made) house.
STEP 2: MAKING THE CONNECTIONS
The Smart Edge Agile needs no wiring while the remaining components may be wired as follows:
STEP 3: WRITING THE CODE:
The Code for Arduino IDE is given below in the attachment part and for more details please see the comments.
STEP 4: MAKING APP
I used the MIT App Inventor to make the app. For detailed description please
STEP 5: POSITIONING THE OBJECTS
STEP 6: TESTING
You may proceed for testing the prototype by following the video as under.