The floor cleaning robot is basically a means to ease people’s daily lives exempting them from the tiring process of cleaning their institutions, households and industrial compounds since the robot is autonomous and is controlled through the ENERGIA code uploaded on MSP430 provided by Texas Instruments.Goals
- To ease the everyday process of cleansing the premises.
- To provide a cheap of cost, easy to use and easily maintained device for everyone’s use.
- To use MSP430 microcontroller as an interface between humans and machines.
- It uses MSP430 microcontroller (from Texas Instruments) as the interface between human and the robot.
- 6x 5V DC relay modules are used to carry out the movement of the water pump, mop rotors and wheels.
- The two mops are connected with 2x75 rpm plastic motors.
- The wheels are controlled with 2x100 rpm plastic geared motors.
- A 12V water pump is used to pump water.
- A 12V 1.3Ah battery is used for efficient and proper working.
- Connections are made via jumping wires.
- The MSP430 microcontroller is connected to a battery and two sets of two and four relay modules separately.
- The set of four relays works as a motor driver for the 100 rpm motors, two relays for each motor so as to control both forward and reverse motion of the wheels.
- One relay controls the water pump and the other controls mop motors.
- The mop motors are connected to one another and both are controlled via a single relay module
- Right after the code is uploaded on the MSP430 microcontroller and the battery is attached, the microcontroller starts sending signals to the relay modules.
- The modules in turn start the movement of the mops, pump and wheels.
- The pump sprays water for five turns before the device starts the cleansing action.
- The device pauses for few moments to let the pump spray some more water and the process continues.
I. Cheap of cost and efficient
The device is made out of majorly scrap material and maintenance is low. The rechargeable battery makes it easy to use it for a longer period.
II. Can be used by almost anyone
No previous knowledge of any kind is needed to control the robot since it is fully autonomous.
III. Throws light on future possibilities
The MSP430 provided by Texas Instruments paves way for future improvements in the model and narrows the gap between technology and humans.Demo Video: