Software apps and online services
To design a pet feeder machine that can be controlled through the Internet.Working:
There is a servo motor which is rotating a bottle that contains the food. The food is dispensed using the following steps:
1. User sends the command for dispensing the food to the Ubidots server.
2. MSP432 LaunchPad coupled with CC3100 WiFi module listens to the message posted on the server.
3. MSP432 launchpad is also connected to MSP430 LaunchPad which further drives the servo motor.
4. Once the command for dispensing the food is received by the MSP432 LaunchPad, it triggers the MSP430 LaunchPad to rotate the servo motor which ultimately rotates the bottle containing the food and fixed amount of food item is dispensed from it.
5. The servo motor stops rotation once user posts the stop command on the server.Platforms Used:
- ENERGIA IDE for algorithm
- UBIDOTS for cloud
- MIT APP INVENTOR for app
The automatic pet feeding system was planned to ensure the time to time feeding of pet in absence of its master so that master can do his other tasks without worrying about feeding. The automatic pet feeding system has attractive design and aesthetic model. MSP and IoT adds automation in the system. The report showcased the basic design of the system and also the MSP circuit to control the functionality of the system. The bulk fabrication is expected in next academic semester. The success of automatic pet feeding system would be great help to pet lovers all over the world.Demo Video: