XinaBox produces a range of 80+ modular xChips, which include cores/CPUs, sensors, power, communication, output, and storage, using a connectivity standard without wires, soldering, breadboards or hardware knowledge.
xChip CW01 (ESP8266 Core) is a microprocessor and Wi-Fi module that enables users to send/receive data from XinaBox's modular xChips to/from the cloud.
xChipsSW01 (BME280) and SL01 (VEML6075 & TSL4531) are Advanced Weather Sensors that measures temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure; UVA/UVB and Ambient Light intensities.
OKdo IoT Cloud is a free IoT cloud which you can use to interact with your sensors and actuators, automating data capture and visualisation.
In this tutorial, we will use HTTP to send weather readings and subscribe using MQTT to OKdo IoT Cloud. By the end of the guide, you will be able to see Weather Station readings in OKdo IoT Cloud and on xChip OD01.
● 1x CW01 - WiFi core (ESP8266/ESP-12F)● 1x OD01 - OLED Display 128x64 (SSD1306)● 1x IP01/IP02 - USB Programming Interface (FT232R)● 1x SW01 - Advanced Weather Sensor (BME280)● 1x SL01 - UVA, UVB, Light (VEML6075 & TSL4531)● 1x XC10 - 10-Pack xBUS Connectors● Arduino IDE● OKdo IoT Cloud account
1. Hardware Setup2. Setting up the Arduino IDE3. Login to OKdo IoT Cloud4. Result5. Summary
Connect xChips CW01, OD01, IP01, SL01 and SW01 together using the XC10 xBUS connectors. You may connect it as shown in the diagram below. Please see this guide on how to assemble xChips generally.
And then connect your device and PC through the IP02’s USB.
1. Install Arduino IDE 1.8.8
2. Install these libraries into Arduino IDE:
Note: If you are not familiar with how to install cores/libraries, please refer to the link: Installing Arduino libraries
3. With the ESP8266 platform installed, select “CW01(ESP12F module)”. To select your board from the Arduino IDE, select Tools> Board “XinaBox CW01”.
1. Open your OKdo IoT Cloud account.2. Create a New Device, select Arduino as the device and name it:
1. After creating a device, copy your DEVICE_ID and TOKEN from the Authentication tab.
In this tutorial, we have shown you how to make a Weather station using xChips CW01, SW01 and IP01, connected to the OKdo IoT Cloud. Thus, enabling remote monitoring and sensing.