In some parts of India, farmers have to walk several kilometers to turn on the irrigation pumps to water their fields. With the electrical supply often erratic, they sometimes find that there is no electricity when they reach the pump. This project allows them to remotely check to see that there is electricity and to automatically turn the pump on and off, all through mobile phone. It helps the farmer avoid various difficulties in reaching remote water pumps, such as long travel over difficult terrain, bad weather,and hazardous locations. It also means farmers don't have to wake up in the middle of the night, which is often the only time electricity is available,to walk the long distances to their fields. They sometimes hire workers to walk the long distances to turn the pumps on and off.
This system exclusively for the use of water pump sets in agriculture areas. The need of this automation raised from the routine problems faced by the farmers in operating the pumps. They are fluctuations in power supply, difficult terrain, fear of animals on the way to pumps, hazardous locations of the pumps along the river or water storage beds, shock hazards,rains etc.
We have an RFID/Fingerprint access for the owner/farmer to enter into the farm field. The RFID is interfaced with Arduino and the Authorized/Unauthorized access will be recorded in the server. The data is transferred through MQTT with the S2E device Wiz750SR. For the authorized person the gate will be opened and for unauthorized access the system will notify the owner or switch on the alarm.
In order to avoid the trespassing to the field we have fencing which continuously monitors the continuity. If a person tries to enter the field by cutting through the fence then the system notifies the owner and runs the alarm continuously until the owner switch it off.
We also have system which monitors the field conditions and the server via MQTT periodically. Here we have sensors like soil moisture sensor, temperature sensors etc. The temperature sensor updates the server periodically with the current temperature. The soil moisture sensor checks the water content of the soil and updates the server also when the water content is below the threshold it triggers motor circuit. This circuit will check for a three phase connection and notifies the owner about the soil condition and the three phase availability.The owner can respond to it. If the response is to switch ON the motor then the motor will be switched ON for a particular time period and switches OFF automatically.
Advantage of 3 phase motor over single phase motor
- 3 phase motors are machines compact and cheaper as compared to single phase motor of the same power rating.
- 3 phase supply has better efficiency of power transmission as compared to single phase.
- Heat loss is less in 3 phase as compared to single phase.
- Torque produced in a 3 phase motor is more than the single phase motor.
- 3 phase line can produce rotating magnetic field wherein single phase it can't.
- Voltage and current reaches its maximum value after every 0.02 sec in single phase wherein 3 phase it reaches at every 0.006 sec.
- Ex: If a bulb is connected to single phase it will get brighter and some times dimmer. In case of three phase it will maintain the same level of brightness.
Hardware connection Diagram: