Sonart is an interactive system that was realized while exploring the following theme:
"The forbidden touch at the digital era"
It is the result of a collaboration with the museum of decorative arts in Paris. In this context, one must wonder:
Why would a visitor want to touch a piece of art?
Most of the time, it’s because of a curious instinct impossible to satisfy. We tried to realize a device that offers interactive information around the piece called Rinocrétaire (François-Xavier Lalanne), and hopefully satisfy this visitor.
To do so, we designed a system that is composed of:
- a kinect to detect visitors - originally, the sensor was a sonar, hence the name.
- a computer running our Processing to get the data from the kinect
- a video projector to display the information
Here is the scenario:
- if a visitor is far, the device gives general information and invite him to get closer
- if he gets closer, more interactive information is given
- if he gets too close, an alarm sound and an animation are played to remind him how fragile art is
This project was born in an academic context, in the "digital creation" course of Telecom ParisTech:
As mentioned above, it evolved into a collaboration with a museum, and even gave birth to a startup.
Let us know if you have any question, interhacktively yours,
Jimmy & Drix.Demo videoPhotos