3D-printed device for aiming a GoPro camera. Wiring, assembly, and how it's used is shown in the video below, but it's just an on/off switch.
- 3D-printed body—file available here.
- laser https://amzn.to/2Yya9Xp (Amazon: 40-pack, didn't reallize just how cheap they are!)
- button https://amzn.to/2YBax7C (Amazon: I think that's the right model)
- battery https://www.adafruit.com/product/1570 or https://amzn.to/2Yz7jRS (Amazon)
- JST connectors https://amzn.to/2VMVtqo (Amazon)
Head strap that I used is something like this https://amzn.to/2M05qfB (Amazon), but there are a wide range of mounting options. Tested with a Hero Session and Hero5. Obviously, avoid pointing the laser directly at your eyes.
Note that I've applied for a provisional utility patent on this device, so while you're welcome to make one for yourself, please get in contact if you'd like to manufacture in bulk via firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to discuss licensing the idea!
Note that links to Amazon are affiliate.