Bringing IIoT to Industrial Automation with the Edge Gateway
What we'll do
Legacy industrial control systems and IIoT are converging. IIoT will not replace industrial control systems but complement them. This presentation will talk about how IIoT will converge with the industrial world with emphasis on SCADA systems. This talk will be geared toward computer savvy individuals however no industrial experience will be expected.
- The convergence of IIoT and industrial automation
- Defining industrial automation, SCADA, IIoT / examples
- How IIoT different from industrial automation
- Edge devices vs edge gateways
- Edge gateway hardware - what features are needed and what devices are available
- Edge gateway software considerations
- Key applications
• What to bring
Attendees do not need to bring anything.
• Presented by
Johnathan Hottell has been involved in oil and gas automation for over 17 years. Experience has ranged from application development, systems integration, PLC and RTU programming, and industrial electrical construction. His recent goal has been to help build more dynamic and agile SCADA systems for upstream and midstream oil and gas companies. Johnathan is currently employed at EXCO Resources, Inc. as SCADA Supervisor. Hobbies include electronics, microcontrollers, 3D printing, and IoT.
Participants haven't uploaded their projects yet.