Node-Red Workshop [Hackster]
Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways, It provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single-click.
This workshop could easily cover an entire day but we will get as far as we can with the time we have. Workshop materials will be provided at the class start and it will be instructor led. Participants can however go through the sections and labs at their own pace. This means beginners can follow along with the instructor while more advanced users can charge ahead into the more advanced sections.
• Node-Red Workshop Overview
• What is Node-Red
• Installing Node-Red and MQTT
• Node-Red Basics
• Installing Additional nodes
• Importing and Exporting Flows
• Node-Red Dashboard
• Message Objects
• Storing Values
• Complex IIoT Lab: Water Utility
• System Calls (Exec)
• All participants must bring a laptop computer and have administrative privelages to install software.
• It is suggested that you install Node.js, Node-Red, MQTT, and a MQTT test client before hand to make the most of our time.
• Install Node.JS version 6x https://nodejs.org/en/
• Install Node-Red https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/installation.html
• Install a MQTT broker such as HiveMQ http://www.hivemq.com/downloads/
• Install a MQTT test client such as MQTT Spy https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt-spy/wiki/Downloads
This meetup is brought to you free of charge by Hackster.io. Please support us by visiting https://www.hackster.io/live/hackster-dallas-fort-worth , join the Dallas Fort Worth Hackster meetup group, and check in for the event there as well. If you have time post some of your projects while you are there!
Participants haven't uploaded their projects yet.