Modeling for 3D Printing with Fusion 360 [Hackster]
What we'll do
Do you want to make your own 3D models or learn how they are made? If so, this Meetup is for you. We will introduce two free powerful AutoDesk products, Fusion 360 (https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360) and its little brother TinkerCad (https://www.tinkercad.com/). There will be emphasis on creating models that will print well on 3D printers. There are things to consider when modeling for printing, not only does it look good but will it print? We will go over some tips and tricks to get you to creating great 3D models quickly.
• Introductions - pizza
• Fusion 360 vs TinkerCad
• Model considerations for 3D printing
• TinkerCad getting started
• Fusion 360 deep dive
Things to do before the meetup
• Bring a laptop so you can follow along and experiment yourself.
• Sign up for a free TinkerCad account.
• Sign up for a free Fusion 360 account as well as download and install Fusion 360
• This meetup is free, all we ask is that you check in on the Hackster live (https://www.hackster.io/live/hackster-dallas-fort-worth) page when the meetup starts.
Setting up TinkerCad
Visit https://www.tinkercad.com/ and sign up for a free account.
Setting up Fusion 360
Go to https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/free-trial
Download the free trial. Fusion 360 is free if you are a startup (hobbyist or small company just getting started).
Getting started with TinkerCad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCaenAGeK_Q
Fusion 360 - Hackster Webinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtW79gZmw_g
Getting started with fusion 360 YouTube Playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8BW0IXWZw
Participants haven't uploaded their projects yet.