Build Your Internet of Things with Node-Red and MQTT
There are limitless IoT automation possibilities using Node-Red and MQTT. Node-Red's usability is similar to IFTTT where a lot of the hard work is done for you to create and tie countless things and actions together with as much drag and drop / plug and play as possible.
• Ever wanted to automate your home without get ting sucked into a proprietary exorbitant ecosystem?
• Ever wanted to have event based triggers like pressing a button to send a tweet or open your garage door?
• Ever wanted an easy to create user interface / dashboard for your projects and IoT stuff?
Node-Red is a powerful, open, engine and designer that accelerates your IoT projects with intuitive drag and drop node modules and little coding.
Node-Red has a light footprint and can run easily on any computer or and also in the cloud.
Come expecting to see how simple it is to get started with node-red. We will demonstrate how to install, add nodes, build a user interface, set up triggers, and send MQTT data.
You can come just to watch the presentation but here are some tips to accelerate your own Internet Thing building success!
• Bring a laptop computer
• Install Node.js https://nodejs.org/en/
• Install Node-Red beforehand and start playing http://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/installation.html and http://nodered.org/
• Learn about MQTT http://mqtt.org/
• Install any MQTT broker http://www.hivemq.com/ or http://mosquitto.org/
• Get a MQTT test client https://github.com/kamilfb/mqtt-spy/wiki/Downloads
Participants haven't uploaded their projects yet.