* Hackathon participants receive a free CES Expo Pluss Pass *
Join 300+ developers, makers, and smart cities specialists for the Smart Cities Hackathon at CES 2017!
GET YOUR HANDS ON TOP TECH + DATA
- Amazon Alexa Skills Kit
- IBM Watson Cognitive and Bluemix APIs
- Intel's Grove IoT Dev Kit
- Honeywell's Connected Home API
- UL's Safety Index
- Open Data from City of Las Vegas
- AI software that reads facial expressions
- Other leading IoT technologies TBA
WIN KICK-ASS PRIZES
- $10,000.00 for the Grand Prize winning team
- Meeting with Las Vegas' Innovation team to potentially pilot your solution
- $5,000.00 in gift cards
- Amazon Echos
- Apple 2 Watches
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones for each member of the winning team
- Eyeris Emotion AI (EAI) Dev Kits
- More prizes TBA!
NETWORK WITH TOP GOVERNMENT + ENTERPRISE INNOVATION TEAMS
The event includes a panel with the City Manager of Las Vegas and thought leaders from Arrow, UL, and Panasonic, discussing the future of Smart Cities and the role of the developer community in shaping them.
SMART CITIES HACKATHON PANEL:
Albus Brooks, President Denver City Council
Betsy Fretwell, City Manager of Las Vegas
Aiden Mitchell, Vice President, IoT Global Solutions, Arrow Electronics
Ken Modeste, Global Principal Engineer, UL
It’s Dope: Hack solutions that support sustainability, safety, and efficiency for smarter cities. Utilize the latest IoT HDK, SDK, and API's!Win Prizes: Win prizes, publicity, and connections. Pitch a panel of expert judges, network with the best in the industry, and showcase your expertise through the platforms of CES and ReadWrite.Get Exposure: Gain exposure to industry experts and leaders. Hack transportation, data + security, public health, big data technology, M2M communication, and sensor data at the one of the largest conferences in North America.
8:00am: Check-in, team set-up
9:10am: Introduce Sponsors and technology
9:30am: Start Hacking!
12:00pm: Break for Lunch
6:00pm: Break for Dinner
Hack through the night!
SUNDAY, JANUARY 8TH
8:00am: Coffee & Breakfast Items available
8:00am - 12pm: Continue Hacking!
10:00am: Start Submitting Solutions to Hackster.io
12:00pm: Break for Lunch
- First round of judging through Hackster.io
- Sponsors select Top 5
- GP Judging Panel selects Top 5
- Sponsors pick their winners
- Sponsors’ winning teams awarded prizes
- Final 5 for Grand Prize pitch on stage
4:00pm: Grand Prize Awarded!
- Each sponsor will be able to judge for individual sponsor challenge (ex: “Best Use of Technology”)
- A Grand Prize Judging Panel will determine the finalists and winning team for the Grand Prize
- Projects must be posted
- Sponsors will narrow down to top 5 teams
- Grand Prize Judging Panel will narrow down top 5 teams
- Sponsor and GP Judging Panel will go around Science-Fair-Style to hear top teams pitch
- Sponsor Judges will deliberate and select Winning Team to Pitch on Stage and collect prize
- Grand Prize Judging
VENUE INFORMATION (see Venue Map Here)
- Venue Directions & Parking Info Here and reference our Shuttle Service Schedule Here. **Parking is complimentary in the Venetian and Palazzo parking garages.
- Tables/Space for Developers: first come, first served, however there will be room for a maximum of 450 developers participating
- NOTE: No outside hardware is allowed for the event as it could present an unfair advantage. The only outside software and API’s allowed are those that are open to the public and easily accessible.
LOCATION: VENETIAN LEVEL 2, BALLROOM B & C (Floor Plan here)