I created the PocketChat IRC client a few years ago as a fun project to learn more about python, Tkinter, and the IRC protocol. Its a little rough in some areas as it was one of my first serious project using python. One of the goals of the project was to create a mostly complete client in as few lines as possible, making it useful for lower powered devices. I originally wrote the client for the PocketChip handheld Linux computer made by the company NextThingCo, but it can be used on any Linux, Windows, or Mac computer.
- Join a channel: /join #channel
- Leave a channel: /leave in the window of the channel you want to leave
- Send a pm: /msg user message
- Change you nick: /nick newname
- Close the client: /quit
- Auto join channels by adding them to the box seperated by commas no spaces e.g.(#raspberrypi, #arduino, ##linux)
sudo apt-get install python sudo apt-get install python3-tk