ARE YOU READY FOR THE WORLD'S LARGEST ARDUINO MAKER CHALLENGE?
We've partnered with Adafruit, Atmel, Arduino and Microsoft to bring you our best Maker contest yet!
We're calling all inventors, artists, makers and developers to show the world what you can create with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Azure and the new Arduino MKR1000 (US only) and Genuino* MKR1000 (Outside US) or the Arduino UNO. Earn bonus points by tapping into the power of Microsoft Azure cloud to capture, analyze, and visualize your data with Azure IoT Suite, Azure IoT Hub, Stream Analytics and Machine Learning.
Phase I: 1,000 Lucky Makers
Up to 1,000 makers who submit the best project ideas will win the newly released Arduino MKR1000 (US only) and Genuino MKR1000 (Outside US) boards. If you win, you'll be one of the first people on earth to get hold of these precious boards! The MKR1000 is a small SoC (System on Chip) that combines the functionality of the Arduino Zero and Arduino Wi-Fi Shield.
Phase II: 3 Big Winners
We will award the three winners who submit the best completed projects.
The prizes for these three finalists are the most exciting of all: a fully-funded (up to $1,500) trip to Maker Faire Shenzhen, New York, Bay Area or Rome; a chance to present your creation at the Microsoft and the Arduino & Genuino booths; a professional video production of you and your creation; and a whopping $500 gift certificate to Adafruit.
Ready For This?
Pick the theme – from smart home to the environment, gaming to robotics, augmented reality or UAVs, there is no limitation to your creativity. This challenge has three considerations:
- Use either the Arduino UNO or MKR1000
- Build a Universal Windows App (UWA) that helps control the Arduino through APIs like Windows Virtual Shields for Arduino or Windows Remote Arduino
- For bonus points, include Azure services like Azure IoT Suite, Azure IoT Hub, Stream Analytics and Machine Learning in your project. More complete technical reference is available on the Azure Dev Center.
Here's how to enter and please read the contest rules below and sign up or log into Hackster:
It takes 10 seconds to register for the challenge
- Sign up or log into Hackster, then register with the challenge as a participant.
Phase I: Enter to win the new Arduino board by pitching your idea
- Submit your project idea starting December 9th, 2015 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) using the "Submit an idea for the pre-contest" button.
- Idea submissions close on January 31st, 2016 at 11:59 PM (PT)
- We will notify the 1,000 lucky winners of the MKR1000 starting February 5th, 2016 at 8:00 AM (PT)
Phase II: Enter to win the grand prizes by submitting your project
- Start submitting your MKR1000 and Windows 10 + Microsoft Azure project on February 5th, 2016 12:01 AM (PT)
- Project submissions close on Apr 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM PT
- We will notify the 3 final winners by Apr 15, 2016
- Your project should include:
- Source code via Github or Bitbucket.
- Electronics schematics.
- Bill of materials.
- CAD files if any.
- Story and images.
- All submissions must include Windows 10 and Arduino.cc boards (only)
- Learn more about using Windows 10 with Arduino here.
- Get inspired by other maker projects built on Windows 10 including this Arduino Countdown Timer.
- Using Microsoft Azure? Access Azure IoT Developer Center here & helpful videos.
* Genuino is Arduino's sister-brand for boards sold outside the United States. Cool new name; same awesome board.