In this webinar, you will learn how to quickly modify bits of code to communicate between your Hexiwear and a mobile phone. Whether you want an app to remotely control a garage door opener with your phone, monitor your home appliances securely from abroad, track fitness levels as you exercise or to create something entirely new – this webinar is designed to get you started and inspire new ideas.
The World's Richest IoT Developer Platform is now ARM mbed Enabled!
ARM mbed OS 5 is now supporting the Hexiwear platform!
Check out our Webinar to learn more about building your Hexiwear projects with ARM mbed:
The topics covered are:
- Introduction to mbed OS 5
- mbed OS development environments and tools
- Creating applications with mbed OS
- Using drivers, libraries, mbed stacks and the mbed ecosystem
- Building, testing, debugging
- Code management and publishing
ARM is giving away an Oculus Rift for the best ARM mbed-enabled project!
If you're short on time, check out this quick 4-minute intro to Hexiwear video!
UPDATE: Contest deadline extended to September 30, 2016!
120 FREE Hexiwears were shipped on August 3. If you didn't win a free unit, you can still get one and participate! Hexiwear units now available for purchase at the Mouser store.
Hexiwear is the foundation for your future IoT inventions. This powerful IoT development kit is a small and sleek, low-power device packed with sensors to quantify yourself and the world around you. Wirelessly enabled, it can connect both to devices nearby – or to cloud servers far away. With Hexiwear you can create your own smartwatch, remote sensor tag, or sophisticated home controller. Plus, it comes with preloaded apps to give you a fast start.
We shipped 120 free Hexiwear units on August 3! Thank you for submitting all your ideas! We can't wait to see what everyone builds!
- Overview of Hexiwear: [View Recording] [Download Slides]
- Enclosure design with Fusion 360: [View Recording] [Fusion 360 design file]
- Infinitely Expandable: [View Recording] [Download Slides]
- Hexiwear Out of the Box Experience: [View Recording] [Download Slides]
- Hexiwear software and tools setup: [Download Slides]
- Writing your first program with Hexiwear: [View Recording] [Download Slides]
- Bonus video: Hexiwear - OTAP (Over the Air Updates)
- Bonus deck: BLE Specification for Hexiwear
Check out this quick 4-minute intro to Hexiwear video if you're pressed for time :)
Check out the hardware specs - there's nothing like this in the market today:
- MCU: NXP K64 MCU (ARM® Cortex®-M4, 120 MHz, 1M Flash, 256K SRAM)
- BLE: NXP KW4x (ARM® Cortex®-M0+, BLE & 802.15.4 Wireless MCU)
- 3D Accelerometer and 3D Magnetometer: NXP FXOS8700CQ
- 3-Axis Digital Gyroscope: NXP FXAS21002
- Absolute Digital Pressure sensor: NXP MPL3115A2R1
- 600 mA Single-cell Li-Ion/Li-Polymer Battery Charger: NXP MC34671
- Light-to-digital converter: TAOS TSL2561
- Digital humidity and temperature sensor: MEAS HTU21D
- Heart-rate sensor: Maxim’s MAX3010x
- 1.1” full color OLED display
- Haptic feedback engine
- 190 mAh 2C Li-Po battery
- Capacitive touch interface
- RGB LED
- 8 MB of additional Flash memory
Hexiwear is unique and it offers incredible value to developers:
- Low power
- Open source
- App enabled
- Plus, every component on Hexiwear is ready to order and ship at scale!
Wait, it gets even better! Hexiwear's core functionality can be enhanced with hundreds of sensors and transceivers through click™ boards, plus WolkSense sensor data cloud (must see, we really like it!):
SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT! HERE'S HOW TO GET STARTED:
Step 1: Register for the contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant"
Step 2: Buy a Hexiwear or apply to win one by pitching an idea:
- Buy a Hexiwear if you don't have one and would like to participate
- Make sure you also buy a Click-Board to build your project. There are so many to choose from!
- To win a free hexiwear, start by telling us what will you build with your Hexiwear. We're giving away 100 units based the quality of your idea! [UPDATE: all free units were awarded on July 15]
What's included in the free Hexiwear Kit:
- TIP: Submit a polished, fun, short video and up your winning chances
Step 3: Enter to win the grand prizes by building and submitting your project
- Build your project using Hexiwear, Kinetis Design Studio, and WolkSense
- Submit your project by clicking on "Submit an entry"
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why does it matter?
- Submit your project by Oct 9, 2016
- Check out this project on Hackster to get inspired.
- Gain 20 bonus points by showcasing a CAD enclosure with your invention, using Autodesk's Fusion 360:
Check out the example below, what you could do with Fusion 360 and Hexiwear:
Your posted project should include:
- Story and quality images;
- Clear instructions;
- BOM and schematics;
- Source code;
- CAD using Fusion 360;
- All project submissions must use the Hexiwear development platform
Winners are selected based on the following criteria:
- Project Documentation (60 points)
- Story/Instructions – Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or (video 20 points)
- BOM – Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used (10 points)
- Schematics – Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, detailed photographs (10 points)
- Code – Include working code with helpful comments (20 points)
- CAD - showcase your complete vision with beautiful CAD designs, powered by Fusion 360
- Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: "If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?"
- Creativity (40 points)
- Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea).
- Bonus (20 points)
READY TO GET STARTED? THIS IS YOUR RARE CHANCE TO GET 1/100 HEXIWEAR KITS FOR THE BEST IDEAS!
We're giving away 3 DJI Phantom Professional Limited Edition drones as prizes per each innovation category, SpaceMouse for the top CAD submission and for the youngsters, an awesome JD Humanoid from ezrobot.
- Hexiwear on GitHub
- Design Files
- Bill of Material (BOM)
- Click Examples
- Getting Started
- iOS App
- Android App
- Yodiwo Cloud Solution
If you run into any issues, please check out the official Hexiwear Forum!
Winners will be announced on this page at the end of July 2016. Good luck to all!
Best use of Autodesk's Fusion 360
Best Developer Testimonial
ARM mbed Design
🎉 Prizes awarded! 🎉
May 16, 2016 at 2:17PM PT
Applications for hardware close
July 15, 2016 at 11:59PM PT
October 9, 2016 at 11:59PM PT
October 26, 2016 at 10:44AM PT