CCharacterLCD is a .NET library to control a character LCD (16x2) on the Raspberry Pi 2 running Windows 10 IoT Core..
- Initializer : initialize the LCD
- ClearLCD : clear the text on the LCD
- Dispose : close the pins
- WriteLCD : dislay a string on the LCD
- NewLine : change cursor to the start of the second line
- ShiftDisplayLeft : shift the text on the display to the right
- ShiftDisplayRight : shift the text on the display to the right
In order to use this you need to have Windows 10 IoT Core set up on your Raspberry Pi 2. You can visit this url to do this.
After your Raspberry Pi has been setup you need to connect a character LCD to it. If you want you can connect the LCD using different pins. You can specify the different pins in the initializer. Be sure to check the pin availability
There is a sample application included to test the display. By default it should output 'Hello world!'. The app itself can be used to display a custom text on the LCD.
You can integrate this library into your own app. It is available on NuGet.
This library is not yet finished. I will try to extend and improve the library.
If you find mistakes, things that could be done better, feel free to contribute!
- Second line support. When a string is send to display, it will be automatically displayed on the second line when the sting is longer than 16 characters, or when '\n' is detected.
- Shift display support (left/right)
Copyright (©) 2015 Bart Callant.
Distributed under the MIT License.
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!